Thursday, June 23, 2011

October is Tomorrow

So Tuesday we finally got our alcohol license application turned into the state. Seriously, for a minute that was about half of my job description. Now we just have to wait for our meeting date to be announced and then go field some questions.

On a more fun note: I met with designers today to try and get some bids for working with our general contractor. One group I was really impressed by, seemed interested in working with my vision... the other one seemed barely prepared to meet. As much as when I worked in the church world I rely on my sense of people: will they do the job? will they do what they say and when they say it? are they on time? etc.

While October is months away, with all of the build-out, design, equipment orders, supplier decisions, and permits to get okayed this is a HUGE process. My day is broken up into 30-45 minute meetings punctuated by 2-5 phone calls in between.

Tomorrow I am going to do some field research in Carmel, Fishers, and Greenfield. It should be an informative day and (potentially) end the week on a lighter note.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, Greenfield? Call the shop.. My phone still down.. 462-3315

    I completely understand the 30 minute life style. I just get 3 hours of baking in a day on top..

    ReplyDelete